Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Watch out for those bad words

So, recently Liz informed me that there are bad words that the kids aren't supposed to say at preschool.

My first reaction: Oh crap, (ooops), I mean, Oh shoot, here we go already.

She's four and we're already dealing with bad words. Being a journalist, I quiz her instantly about what these bad words are. What are these four-year-olds saying?

Of course, as soon as I start to quiz her, she's already wise and isn't sure she should say these words, because she's already been told by her teacher that they're bad words.

Finally, I break her (I am a journalist after all).

She then whispers the dirty words (shhhhh - language warning coming).

Here they are: diaper, poopy and pee pee.

Whew! I can handle those bad words. Now, at first I was surprised that diaper was considered a bad word.

But after thinking about it, I do recall when Liz was little and not potty trained, there was at least one time when she had a dirty diaper at the worst moment and it inspired Daddy (maybe even Mommy) to whisper (ever so quietly) a bad word.

So, in our house diaper is now officially a bad word and that's fine with me.

4 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

Lisa! I love it! Toooooo Funny!
Trisha

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Haha!! Hilarious! I will be sure to refrain from using such language in all future blog posts ;)

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Don't you just love how kids' minds work? At my husband's elemetary school, "stupid" is a bad word! Liz is just adorable.

QGIRL said...

She is so grown up!
Dylan knows that calling someone a poopoo (like poopoo head)is not nice, but it is ok to say I need to go poop.
He has said "crap" before, in the perfect context, I might add. We definitely need to watch our mouths around him!
Have a blast in DC!