Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Craze

It's hard to believe I've been off work the last two weeks - because it's been such a whirlwind. In such a short span, I was in New York, then we headed to Goshen, Ind. for Christmas with my family. Back home for a few days and off to Michigan to spend time with Brian's family. Then, we spent the last week at home where I took Liz downtown and worked on lots of projects (translation: cleaning).

Here are some of our favorite photos from the holiday season.

In the middle of December, we went to our Pal Dylan's fourth birthday. This was probably the best birthday party Liz has gone to because it was held at a place called FunFlatables. So, the whole party consisted of kids jumping up and down on the enormous inflatable objects. A child's dream come true. Liz was so impressed that as we were driving home, she said to me: "Dylan's party was genius."
A big compliment - I'd say. You'll notice Mommy and Daddy had some fun at the party too.












The next day after the birthday party, I headed to New York for my staff meeting. I usually go to the city about three times a year but don't always take pictures. Here's a few fun ones from the city. I got one taken with Elmo for Liz. The weather was beautiful in New York at December. Amazing. You hardly needed a coat - but I still wore one and the hat - just for good measure.







After I got back from New York, we headed to Goshen the weekend before Christmas. We spent time with my family - both my dad's side and my mom's side.





When I was growing up, we used to take pictures of the nine cousins every Christmas by the tree.



Here are the cousins with our kids. Brian enjoyed taking these pictures. In the pictures that he was in, my Aunt Barb kept teasing him for "hiding from the camera." That evening, Liz opened a kids' camera from my mom and began taking pictures. She remembered that phrase and kept telling Brian to stop "hiding from the camera." We'll get to her pictures eventually...I promise...





Here's Liz opening a few gifts at my mom's house.



My mom and her two sisters are opening gifts together. Don't they look a lot alike!



Despite all the travel, we stayed home for Christmas eve, made cookies and opened our stockings. We also opened gifts on Christmas day and even had our own "feast."







After we opened our gifts on Christmas day and had lunch at home we headed to Michigan and stayed there until the Sunday after Christmas. We were stunned to travel there with good weather and home again too. Here's Liz with her "Don't Break the Ice Game" along with Aunt Marilyn and Mimi Hedger.





When we got back from Michigan, I took Liz downtown Chicago for our tradition of spending the day in the city together at Christmas time. We walk around and see Chicago's Christmas tree at Daley Plaza, look at the Macy's windows, watch the ice-skaters and play in Grant Park - if there's time. It was a beautiful day and we also met up with Brian and friends at Pizzaria Uno and had plenty of time at the park. We also stopped in and had hot chocolate (blended chocolate for Liz) at Ethel's at the front of Nordstrom's on Michigan Avenue. It's one of my favorite chocolate places in town.






She played at Grant Park for a few hours while my friend Jennifer and I chatted. It's one of our favorite parks in the city.

7 comments:

QGIRL said...

I have a comment for every photo! but I will save them for our train ride on Monday. Great pics Lisa.
I did want to say that Dylan's party wasn't genius, but Lizzy sure is!
She looks adorable, as usual.
I hope she had fun playing hide-n-seek at our party on New Years Day.

Sarah said...

Great pics. How nice to get a pic of all the cousins and kids! THose are always so nice to have! Liz is adorable. She looks like she had fun for Christmas. She says the funniest things!! I always love reading the cute little comments she makes. So cute. You all sure had a busy holiday! I hope you were able to get some rest too :)

Unknown said...

You guys have some great holiday traditions! And you definitely packed in a lot of family fun for one holiday! Great pictures, Liz is so adorable.

Kim said...

What a great post! I always love seeing pics of Liz because she is so cute and spunky! I just would love to chat with her for an hour I am sure she is a riot! And such a pretty girl to boot! Glad your Christmas was so special.

Destini said...

Liz totally cracks me up! She must be lots of fun! What a busy holiday season, but it looks like everyone took it in stride and had a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures that Liz has taken!

Catie said...

Wow! It looks like you all had a very busy, but fun Christmas! You just have to love the things they say! Hannah and Liz are like two peas in a pod, I swear! We need to plan a meet up soon.

Greene Family said...

Great photos!! What a fun (and busy) Christmas you guys had! Liz is so adorable, and I love her comments!