Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Star Student: Love Being Little

Last week, We had a big assignment for Liz. She was Star Student. Each child gets to be Star Student for one week.

It's a big deal. That kid gets to bring in their favorite belongings, have their book read in class and bring snacks one day. They also need to make a poster listing their favorite things.

That was our project a week ago Saturday. I headed to New York on Sunday and knew we needed to do this poster and I also knew it was going to take awhile. Brian ended up doing the "Take a Mouse to the Movies" poster in December while I was in New York the last time. So, it wouldn't be fair to stick him with another poster.

These projects are really more family or "parent homework" because the instructions even say, "with Mom and Dads help." This poster took more than three hours to do. And, of course if you look at the finished product, it looks like it only took us 15 minutes. Ah, well. We're not that creative.

What I liked about it was she had to answer a series of questions for the poster. Her favorite food: Pizza, of course. Favorite activities: Swimming. Someone she admires: Her cousin Daniel.

When I asked: Favorite thing about yourself, she answered without a pause: Being little.

How cool, right? I was delightfully surprised and I hope that she continues to realize that she'll have a unique view of the world.

9 comments:

Destini said...

Liz is definitely a star! Great answers, so glad that she is happy to be little, and I hope that Trace has the same attitude as he grows up!

Michelle said...

What a great story! thanks! I hope Max grows up feeling the same way. I truly do love the fact that he is so unique!

Unknown said...

Liz, you are awesome! What a star she is!

Greene Family said...

Very cool!! Liz - you are a star! I hope Simon has the same attitude as he gains more of an understanding about being little!

Jennifer said...

Yay Liz! So where's a picture of the poster!? Or how about some recent pictures of those beautiful children?

Kim said...

Liz is a complete super star. She is so comfy in her own skin even at this age. You should applaud yourself for teaching her to be so self assured! Way to go Lisa & Brian!

Sarah Forgrave said...

I can't believe all the homework for a five year old! But what a great perspective she has...I'm sure she can thank her parents for infusing the positive spirit.

Caden and Mommy said...

OH, She is a star student. So cute! We have Caden's enterance testing for the early intervention preschool in a few weeks ... I hope by the time he reaches Lizzy's age he is as self assured as she is :0) Good job Mom & Dad!

Alex said...

that is great!!!