Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Catching up

The good news is Baby Hedge is actively moving and kicking now every day. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and Liz is amazed to see my belly get bigger and bigger.

It was funny to see Liz's reaction when I told her the baby was kicking me. She knows she's not supposed to kick and I could tell she didn't understand why it was OK for the Baby to kick and not OK for her to kick. So, once I explained that this is how the baby lets us know he/she is moving and healthy, she was thrilled to put her hand on baby and feel for kicks.

Brian took her for her hearing test last week and luckily her hearing is 100% back to normal from the tubes. Unfortunately, it looks like her ears are already rejecting the tubes, which really stinks. But we'll play it by ear (ha ha).

We also might need to have her adenoids and tonsils removed because of her loud snoring and problems breathing but we'll monitor that situation closely too.

Unfortunately, we've been hit by the brutal economy and Brian was laid off nearly two weeks ago. We weren't surprised given the economy and the state of journalism publications now days, but it's still a challenge.

Luckily, he's a pro at freelancing and he'll get a break from the long commutes to the city (2 hours one way). So, we're getting more family time together. Also, when Liz finishes preschool in May, she'll be able to stay home with Daddy.

And, as many of you know, (from Brian's guest-writing appearances on this blog) he's well known for his snarky, fun and sarcastic writing and I think he'll be starting up a blog too. I'll post his address once he officially unveils it.

And, before I get requests for it, I promise we'll post some prego pics. soon too!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sorry about Brian's job. So happy you can see the silver lining in being out from under that horrible commute! Brian's clearly a talented guy. Someone will be knocking on your door shortly I'm sure. BTW are you going to find out the baby's gender?

Kim said...

I am so sorry to hear about Brian's job! I really hope he finds something soon! You seem to be taking it in stride. I am sure with his talents he will find something soon! I am also happy to hear everything is going a-ok with Baby Hedger! I am sure you look adorable pregnant! Cannot wait to see pictures.

Destini said...

So glad that Liz didn't haul off and kick you! I am sorry about Brian's job, but you definitely will be saving some money minus the commute and daycare expenses, so hopefully with some freelancing it will be made up! I hope that Liz's tubes stay put for at least a while, and super glad that she can hear you again! I'll be waiting on those prego pics - you are way braver than I ever was, those pictures are definitely not finding their way to the internet!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about Brian's job. I know that can't be an easy thing to adjust to, but that daddy-daughter time will be priceless. Glad that Baby hedge is doing so well! Definitely need to see a belly pic!

Greene Family said...

I'm glad to hear Baby Hedger is doing well and is so active! That is so cute that Liz didn't understand why the baby gets to kick you when she can't!
I'm so sorry about Brian's job, but it sounds like you guys are looking on the brighter side of things with his freelancing, more family time, etc.
I'm glad that Liz's hearing is back to 100%, and I hope her tubes stay in place!
Looking forward to seeing your prego pictures!

Caden and Mommy said...

Lisa!
So glad to hear that Baby is developing well ... cute story about Liz and the baby kicking :0)
Sorry to hear about Brian's job! I hope he finds something soon!
Trihsa

... said...

I'm soooooo behind. First off, CONGRATS on your pregnancy! I'm sooo excited for you two. Wow. And you're half way through. Secondly, that's good news about Liz's tubes. How do you know her body might be rejecting them all ready? Fluid again? And lastly, I'm really sorry about Brian's job. It is a brutal time, especially in the journalism world. I'm sure you heard we've basically stopped home delivery (except for Thursdays and Fridays). But that's great he's freelancing.

... said...

I meant to say I'm so excited for you THREE. What was I thinking???!? Sorry bout that.