Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

Big News

When we were in Virginia Beach last May, Liz surprised my friends and myself by announcing that she wanted two Mommys. Her explanation was quite simple - She wanted me as her main mommy to play with her, and the other mommy to take care of a baby if we had one.

Well, now we're having another baby, but no, we're not getting another mommy. I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant so well into the 4th month of pregnancy.

All has been going well. I've just been really tired, but everyone says that's normal for a second pregnancy. The docs are a bit more cautious with this pregnancy and we've had a few ultrasounds and Baby Hedge looks quite great. The baby is due at the end of August and likely will come right around when Liz starts Kindergarten. They'll be five years apart.

Liz is very excited to be a big sister. She's even said to me, "I can't wait for the baby to come to help me clean up my toys." She's going to have to wait for that for a long time.

As most of you know, it's very rare for an average-height couple to have two children with achondroplasia but with that said, we're still at a higher risk of having another baby with achondroplasia. Though, the percentages are low.

We'll probably do a couple more ultrasounds when Baby Hedge is bigger and we might even find out if it's a boy or girl!

13 comments:

Catie said...

Congratulations! I think it is so funny that Liz can't wait for the baby to help her clean up her toys!! That is so funny. If only she knew;)

Greene Family said...

Congratulations!! So exciting! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well with your pregnancy! I definitely understand the tiredness, but I wonder how much Simon adds to my tiredness. :) Liz is too cute - can't wait for the baby to help her clean up her toys!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! Liz is just going to be a fantastic big sister. So glad you are feeling well and that Baby Hedge looks great!

Jennifer said...

Yay! Another adorable Hedger on the way! Nothing could be greater! Congrats to all of you and can't wait to meet the newest Hedger!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!--Fran

Tonya said...

Congrats!!! Liz is too vute and she will make a fantastic big sister!!

Becky said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I bet Liz will be a great big sister, and a good helper for mommy and daddy!

Destini said...

Congratulations!!!! Liz will be a great big sister, although I hate to break it to her that the baby will probably mess up the toys instead of clean up!

Alex said...

CONGRATS!!!!! How exciting!!!

Kim said...

I am so happy for you all! Here's to a wonderful healthy pregnancy! I love that Liz wants a sibling to help her with the cleaning! What an exciting time for you all!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Glad I decided to check the blog today. And the part about her sister cleaning up her toys cracked me up.

Niki Kelly

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Oh wow!! Congratulations! That is sooo veeeery exciting! A new baby Hedger! I'm sure Liz is thrilled!

Caden and Mommy said...

Lisa!
That's not big news that is huge news! CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting ~ Miss Lizzie will be a wonderful big sis!
Trisha