Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Room makeover

Before



After



Here's our laundry room - the before and after - pictures. It wasn't so much of a laundry room, as it was a place to pile everything we own.
Eventually, Brian and I realized that we would actually have a lot of space in this room, if we cleaned it out. We could put in a few pieces of exercise equipment or make it Liz's craft room.
After neglecting it for some time, Liz and I tackled it over our Christmas vacation, when I had two weeks off. Luckily, it took a lot less than two weeks to complete.
Apparently, it couldn't have been done a moment too soon because on Friday, our 30-year-old dryer stopped working and we've got a new one on the way. If the room hadn't been clean, it would have been a disaster to try and get a dryer in there. Now, we'll just have to move a few things like Liz's old high chair.
I didn't do anything creative with the room yet. It's still got that "delightful" 1970s flooring, but you can actually see the cupboards in the "after" shots. You'll also notice I built a shelving unit on one side of it as well. If we wanted to put exercise equipment in there, we could always move that shelving unit to the garage. I also purchased a number of storage containers, which are also a big help.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Most impressive cleanup, Lisa! It must be the snow (and the post-Christmas blues), because we are working on cleaning our storage areas, too!

Jennifer said...

Do you suppose you and Liz would like to come and take care of my basement? You guys do good work!

QGIRL said...

Looks great Lisa. A great start to the new year! I always scrub my house and reorganize from top to bottom right before the new year. It is very cleansing.