Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The traveling Hedgers

Things have been a bit hectic the last week because we've been traveling in the midst of the delightful Midwest storms.

Last Monday, I was up bright and shiny at 3:30 a.m. to head to Midway to travel to New York for the day. Amazingly, my flight was on time, and they spent just 1 hour-de-icing the plane. However, in the air, weather had worsened in New York and we couldn't land at Laguardia. So, after flying for some time in circles, we were running out of fuel and stopped in a nearby Pennsylvania airport. I made it for most of my meeting only to find that all flights in and out of Midway had been cancelled that day.

It's quite unusual for Midway to close down. It usually happens at O'Hare. Luckily, I was able to get into O'Hare and finally got home at about 1 a.m.

Not too bad for traveling in the middle of February.

Now, I'm in Miami and that plane was only delayed a few hours earlier today. I actually had time to swim some laps when I got here. I'll be here just a few days. It's nice to actually be somewhere where the weather is in the 80s, even if it's just for a short time.

We decided this would be the perfect time for Liz to spend some time with the Brighton Hedgers. So, Brian took her to Michigan today and endured horrible weather (yet again), but they made it safe and sound. At some points, he said he could only drive 5 mph. Luckily, Liz slept thru the worst of the storm, he said. Whew!

When I head back from Miami on Tuesday night, Brian and I will have a few days - child - free. What will we do with that time?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it to Florida safely Lisa. Wow, the 80s. I'm jealous! It's 3 degrees here :(

Jennifer said...

Enjoy that Miami sunshine. I travel to North Port, FL next week to see younger daughter Anne and grandchildren Alyssa, Carly and Drew. Drew's birthday is Feb 19th only 6 days after Owen's. What a month Feb 2007 was! Lisa, if you don't know what to do with your child free days I'm certainly not going to offer any suggestions...and Liz will remain an only child:)

Tonya said...

I was going to suggest...but Jennifer!!! Jennifer beat me to it...I didn't know she thought like that;) My perception has changed dramatically! Oh, Lisa!! Have "FUN"!!