Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Causing a Disturbance

Well, I had to know that we couldn't get through Liz's first year of preschool without a note from school to take home. Frankly, I'm amazed we made it this long.

Sure, the teachers often have passed on verbal comments to me particularly when the fall semester began. But after several warnings - - don't drink from the water table, no standing on the regular tables and don't pick the nose and eat it - there was instant improvement.

And, I didn't even post about parent teacher conferences, because it was so positive.

But on Wednesday when I picked her up, I saw the following note: Lately during nap, Liz has been causing a disturbance by getting of her cot and rolling on the ground and talking to her friends. Please let her know this behavior is inappropriate during nap time. Also, she has been taking off her shoes and socks during this time. We don't allow the children to sleep without socks or shoes, just in case of an emergency and we need to leave the building. Please just discuss this with Liz at home.

So, for those of you who know me, it should come as little surprise that my chatty behavior has worn off on Liz. Those of you who know Brian will be thinking the same thing, since he's quite talkative as well.

Those of you lucky enough to know both of us, are probably downright stunned that she didn't get a note like this on her first day of class.

In all fairness, I will point out that she isn't always at preschool during nap time. In the fall, she was there just for the afternoon session and arrived after nap-time. In this spring session, she's usually in class during nap time.

No worries. We took our "homework assignment" seriously and have talked about "proper nap behavior" in length. We'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! Good thing those other lesser children don't understand that she's explaining her plan to take over the world, because then you'd have mutiny!

Jennifer said...

A little "Social Butterfly" eh?! Great big personality. If this is the worst note you ever get from school you'll be in grand shape! Now let me tell you some of the things Catherine and Anne did......

Kim said...

Lisa,
Very very cute story! I am so glad you visited my BLOG and would love to add yours to my site if you would allow. I think Liz is absolutely precious! Hey-she's a girl there are things to gossip about! :-)
-Kim