Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter and travel

The last few weeks we've had more traveling adventures. Brian and his brother were in Florida to watch The Detroit Tigers in Spring Training. They spent most of their days watching baseball and visiting every Salvation Army store they could find.

Meanwhile, that same weekend I took Liz to Fort Wayne, Ind. for her first stay at a hotel. We stayed downtown Fort Wayne, which is on the far Northeast portion of Indiana. Brian and I actually met in Fort Wayne where we both worked for competing newspapers. I hadn't been there in years, and it was great fun to see all of our old stomping grounds.

This weekend, we went to Goshen on Sunday to have Easter with my family. Liz is actually in Goshen Ind., my hometown in Northern Indiana, and will be there until Thursday. Liz and my mom are having a blast and we did a few Easter egg hunts on Sunday. Apparently Liz liked them so much, that she and my mom have completed several hunts again today (Monday).

Meanwhile, As I write I'm in Midtown Manhattan and will be here until Thursday morning covering a conference. So far, it's been a great week to be in New York. The weather is fantastic and I had the chance to go to a few fabulous local New York restaurants today. Hope to head to a neighborhood tomorrow for dinner. One of my co-worker's and I are also planning to see a Broadway show later this week as well.

The Easter pictures will come later....I promise!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I can't wait to see her pics!! Enjoy your trip!

Kim said...

Lisa,
You are about thirty minutes away! I wish Liz were here and we could meet up with the kiddos-and too bad it's during to week and not a weekend or we could have gotten together.
It is a good week to be in NY! Have a blast!
-Kim