Search This Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lizzy phrases

Ever since I've known Brian he teases me because I'll take a phrase or word and instead of saying the typical phrase, I'll put a "Lisa" flare on it and make it sound a bit goofy or funny.

Well, Liz has started doing that too. To her credit, I think it's just because she's four and learning her words, but she's made some cute phrases.

The other day she told me: "I need to take a bath with Minnesota."

Now, you can imagine what I was thinking. Why Minnesota? What about the other M-named midwest states such as Michigan or Missouri?

I'm sure it'd be lovely to take baths with any of those states too.

What had happened was she'd been to the doctor earlier in the day, and he told Brian that Liz should take a bath with Baking Soda or mineral water - so she did a classic Lisa and combined the two to make it Minnesota. Rather brilliant - don't you think.

She also was puzzled as to why Dr. K gave her a "fluid shot." "What's a fluid shot, Mommy?"

Well, I'm not sure. But a FLU Shot is something to help prevent you from getting the flu.

And, the beat goes on. We're so fortunate to have such an entertaining girl.

5 comments:

Alex said...

how cute!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for checking out my blog! Your Liz is just beautiful! Love the "Minnesota" story. I'm definitely going to add your blog to my list, please feel free to do the same. Looking forward to getting to know you and your great family!

Destini said...

Minnesota - love it! Life with a pre-schooler is too much fun!

Tonya said...

Funny! Hannah does this too, instead of "pimple" she still says "Hippo". I can't correct her, it's too cute! Liz is a cutie!

Kim said...

The Minnesota story is quite genius. Liz is such a character. I would just love to meet her.