Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School Days



Today was Liz's first official day at her new preschool, which is much closer to our house. For those of you who haven't checked the blog, you can scroll down to see "the back to school" post to read some of the early drama we had getting her signed up at another preschool.

But we're past that. And, everything went quite well here. In fact, when I ask Liz her favorite part of school today, her reply was: "everything."

But she was quite disappointed when she reported to Brian that she didn't learn to write. We've been trying to get her to write her name, and she keeps saying that she'll do it in chool. Apparently, she thought she'd learn it in one day. Ha!

There was a little trauma walking up to the school and leaving school because it just so happens a construction crew was working nearby. You'll notice Liz's hands over her head. She cried leaving school because of the noise and the teachers said she can leave out a different door so she doesn't have to encounter the loud noise.

Yikes, Loud construction nearby!



Past the construction and heading in.


Hanging on to Mommy's knee. But a quick hug and she's fine!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz is absolutely adorable, and so brave with all of the construction noise. Thanks for the cute pictures Lisa.
Mom Shidler

Kim said...

I love these pics. Her smile truly lights up the computer screen. I am so happy she enjoyed her first day despite the construction crews. And I hope she learns to write her name by the end of the year because she will be so proud!

Tonya said...

Good Job Liz on your first day!! Sorru you didn't learn to wrtie your name, but I think that will happen so enough!

I love your shirt!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Lisa!
I love that little story ... how priceless, she didn't learn to write her name in one day. I had always hoped school would be that easy too :0)
I'm glad she enjoyed her first day - especiall after dealing with Mrs. B!
I love the picture of adorable Liz and that BIG smile!
Trisha

QGIRL said...

I am glad that Lizzy loved her new school and got through the first day ok(and mommy too!).
Hope to see you guys soon!

Alex said...

she's so cute,I just love her smile! I hope she'll have a fun school year!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

She is like your little clone! It's amazing to see a child look so much like their parent! What a cutie! Glad she enjoyed her first day!

... said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad she's enjoying school.