Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My friend soap

I've always heard people say that they're amazed by the simple things that children become amused by. We spend so many hours and a lot of money, trying to find the perfect toy. When in fact, all kids really need and want is an old toilet paper roll or that cardboard box that's sitting in the laundry room.

Liz always amazes me with her ability to appreciate these types of things. For several months, she's been completely enamored by "my friend soap."

Luckily, nearly any soap will do. As you can imagine, it's fairly easy to lose her soap friend and we're constantly replacing them.

My mother-in-law was wondering where our soap was in the main bathroom upstairs. That's an easy answer. Liz said: "Oh, that's my friend soap."

So, her friend soap is often carried across the house - in her room, upstairs, on the table, and the list goes on and on.

Brian and I decided we could make her day at Christmas and get her an entire "family of soaps" and decorate their faces! Not to mention that it'd be a lot cheaper than other gifts.

Now, if only I can get her to become great friends with the washcloth. Then, she'd have her friend soap and her friend the washcloth, and maybe just maybe my house wouldn't be such a disaster.

Nah, probably wouldn't work, but it doesn't hurt to include a "washcloth friend" at Christmas...just in case.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you're on to something. How long before she catches on, when you introduce her to "My Pal Mop," etc?
I totally picture her at 16 and you guys are all crafty buying her her very first vacuum.