Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2007

Santa arrived early

It's hard to believe, but I think I'm finally out of the "dark ages" - at least in one area. Yes, "Santa" showed that even a knee injury won't slow him down, and got me a digital camera - arriving a few days early so that I'll be a semi-pro by the time Christmas comes.

I'll post a few of the early pictures later this morning, but Liz is on the computer upstairs. Yes, I actually meant to write that sentence. Liz can actually play and maneuver the playhousedisney.com games. She only need help every few minutes.

I survived all of the travel last week to New York and even though we had more than 8 inches of snow, I didn't have any flight delays.

Now, we're settling in for our first Christmas since we've been married at our own home. It's actually my first Christmas at my own home in more than 10 years.

It seems strange not to be traveling all over the Midwest worrying about pending snow storms. But it's also relaxing. Liz and I baked several dozen cookies yesterday and she also helped me make fudge.

I took her to the store yesterday to get a few last minute items, and I thought I should get her a baby doll, since she kept asking for one, and I hadn't bought her one. Surprisingly, she only has about two dolls.

The problem was I couldn't go to the store by myself so I had to fudge a bit and tell her that I was getting the doll for someone else. She was not happy at all. But it was a fairly grown up response.

She didn't scream or throw a tantrum, she kept saying: "Lizzy wants a doll."

And, I kept saying: "Well, Maybe you'll get one from Santa, but this is for someone else."

I felt horrible because she looked really upset almost like she was going to cry. Finally, I said: "Liz, what's wrong."

Her response was very serious: "I'm going to talk to Santa about it."

I hope Santa's prepared.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe now we'll work up the courage to talk to santa. what an incentive!

QGIRL said...

I think Lizzy is ready for baby brother or sister.
no pressure or anything mom & dad! lol.